Maytag Centennial Washer Not Spinning: There are a few reasons why your Maytag Centennial washer might not be spinning. Here are some of the most common causes and how to fix the Maytag Centennial Washer Not Spinning:
- Lid switch: The lid switch is a safety feature that prevents the washer from spinning if the lid is not closed properly. If the lid switch is faulty, the washer will not spin. To test the lid switch, you can use a multimeter to check for continuity. If there is no continuity, the lid switch needs to be replaced.
- Belt: The belt is what connects the motor to the agitator or spin basket. If the belt is loose or damaged, it can cause the washer to not spin. To check the belt, you can try to spin the agitator or spin basket by hand. If it is difficult to spin, the belt may be loose or damaged. You can tighten the belt or replace it if necessary.
- Clutch: The clutch is what allows the agitator to spin independently of the spin basket. If the clutch is faulty, it can cause the washer to not spin. To test the clutch, you can try to spin the agitator by hand. If it is difficult to spin, the clutch may be faulty. You will need to replace the clutch.
- Motor: The motor is what powers the washer. If the motor is faulty, it can cause the washer not to spin. To test the motor, you can use a multimeter to check for continuity. If there is no continuity, the motor needs to be replaced.
If you have checked all of the above and your washer is still not spinning, you may need to contact a qualified appliance repair technician for further assistance.
Table of Contents
Here are some tips to help prevent your Maytag Centennial washer from not spinning:
- Use the correct cycle: Make sure you are using the correct cycle for the type of load you are washing. For example, if you are washing heavy items, you should use a cycle that has a high spin speed.
- Do not overload the washer: Do not overload the washer, as this can put too much stress on the motor and cause it to overheat.
- Clean the lint trap: The lint trap should be cleaned after each use to prevent it from clogging and causing the washer to overheat.
- Have the washer serviced regularly: A qualified appliance repair technician can inspect the washer for any potential problems and make repairs as needed. This can help to prevent major problems from occurring down the road.
How do I reset my Maytag washer that won’t spin?
There are two ways to reset a Maytag washer that won’t spin.
Method 1: Disconnect the power
- Turn off the washer at the control panel.
- Unplug the washer from the wall outlet.
- Wait for three minutes.
- Plug the washer back in and turn it on.
Method 2: Press the power/cancel and start/pause buttons
- Turn off the washer at the control panel.
- Press and hold the power/cancel button for five seconds.
- While still holding the power/cancel button, press the start/pause button.
- Release both buttons.
- The washer will reset and start a new cycle.
If neither of these methods work, your washer may need to be repaired. Contact a qualified appliance repair technician for assistance.
Here are some additional tips to help you troubleshoot a Maytag washer that won’t spin:
- Make sure the washer is plugged in and turned on.
- Check the water supply to make sure it is turned on.
- Make sure the washer is not overloaded.
- Remove any large items from the washer before running a cycle.
- Clean the lint trap after each use.
- Inspect the washer for any signs of damage, such as loose belts or hoses.
If you have followed all of these steps and your washer still won’t spin, contact a qualified appliance repair technician for assistance.
Why is my Maytag washer not spinning out water?
There are a few reasons why your Maytag washer might not be spinning out water. Here are a few of the most common causes:
- Clogged drain hose: The drain hose may be clogged with lint, hair, or other debris, preventing water from draining out of the washer. To check for a clogged drain hose, disconnect the hose from the back of the washer and inspect it for any blockages. If you find a blockage, clear it away and reconnect the hose.
- Damaged drain pump: The drain pump may be damaged, preventing it from pumping water out of the washer. To check for a damaged drain pump, remove the access panel on the back of the washer and locate the drain pump. Inspect the drain pump for any signs of damage, such as cracks, leaks, or loose wires. If you find any damage, replace the drain pump.
- Improper installation: If the washer is not installed properly, it may not be able to spin properly. To check the installation, make sure that the washer is level and that the drain hose is properly connected to the drain pipe.
- Defective washer: If you have checked all of the above and your washer is still not spinning, it may be defective. In this case, you will need to contact a qualified appliance repair technician for assistance.
Here are some tips to help prevent your Maytag washer from not spinning out water:
- Clean the lint trap after each use: The lint trap can collect lint and other debris, which can prevent water from draining properly.
- Avoid overloading the washer: Overloading the washer can put too much strain on the washer and prevent it from spinning properly.
- Use the correct cycle for the load: Using the wrong cycle can also prevent the washer from spinning properly. For example, using a delicate cycle on a heavy load can prevent the washer from spinning properly.
- Have the washer serviced regularly: Having the washer serviced regularly can help to prevent problems, such as a clogged drain hose or a damaged drain pump.
If you have any concerns about your Maytag washer, you should contact a qualified appliance repair technician for assistance.